CSL’s 10th Annual Insurers’ Forum – in association with Vodafone – saw a record attendance of over 60 Senior Insurers and Fire & Security Consultants from leading companies at IFSEC's impressive HQ in Blackfriars.
Expert speakers discussed the most important topics in our industry today including: Cyber Security, Home Automation, M2M/IoT solutions and new technologies. Each speaker emphasised the inroads being made within the Fire & Security sector by new products and services – and the need for our industry to be aware and acknowledge them. The natural home for all these new technologies is within the Security Industry – a professional and highly regulated sector.
The speaker line up included:
- Jason Girardier of Control4 who discussed Smart Home Automation and how it can help compliance of Insured clients.
- Stephen Ridley of Hiscox (Aston Scott partnership) who spoke about the need for awareness of cyber threats and what companies can do to prevent this.
- Simon Gordon of Facewatch who outlined the purpose of their innovative system that is being deployed in retail premises, how it reduces crime and what it means for Insurers.
- Stephen Adams of BAFE who joined us via a video to discuss the latest developments within the Fire Industry, how Fire Monitoring compares to Security Monitoring and what can Insurers do to help improve this.
- Chantel Smith of Inner Range Europe who presented their latest product including the standards it complies with, cyber threats and the ideology of a cloud based alarm system.
- Ray Kay of Vodafone who discussed their investment into the network and services in the UK. He also discussed Vodafone’s ongoing partnership with CSL and the importance of wireless technology.
- Simon Banks of CSL provided a commentary throughout the event, focusing on the value of partnerships within our industry, investing in innovation, the progressive trends we are seeing and bridging the skills gap.
A handy booklet with full information on the day will be available shortly. To request your copy please click here.