Panel Connection – 485 (G2)
|Minimum Panel Firmware||Minimum V1.4|
|Cable required?||Normal Alarm Cable|
|Panel Bus Connection||RS485|
|Technical Notes||See Galaxy Troubleshooting & G2 - Specific Programming below|
Panel Connection Information
|Manufacturer||Panel||Connection||Cable/Plug On||Supplied Cables|
|Honeywell||Galaxy G2||Ethernet Module||Normal Alarm Cable||Green – RTN
Blue – RS485 B
Red – RS485 A
Connection and Power Up
- Place the Galaxy panel in engineer mode.
- Connect the aerial(s) provided to the DualCom Pro.
- Connect power to the DualCom using AUX supply from the panel.
- Connect the DualCom Pro directly to the Galaxy’s 485 – 3 wires A,B, RTN(-) for Pro)
- The DualCom Pro will go through its power-up/registration process which will take approximately 2-3 minutes. The unit will reboot once completed. (Display will show N – C – R then reboot)
- Once the reboot has completed go to CSL My Base and change the panel type on the device to Honeywell-Galaxy2-RS485’
- Enter panel programming (12345 or 1234 Default code)
- Select option 48
- Select option 1 (system access).
- (48.1.1) Select option 1 (Engineer).
- Esc all the way out.
- Enter engineer mode (112233 or 1122 Default code)
- Select option 56 (communication).
- Select option 6 (H/W Priority).
- Select Telecom and set to 
- Select Ethernet and set to 
- Select option 4 (Ethernet).
- Select option 02 = Alarm Reporting.
- (220.127.116.11) Select option 1 = Format
- Select option 1 = SIA
- Select SIA level 3
- Activate/deactivate any alarm groups you require (As default: 08 = Omit, 10 = setting, 13 electrical status are all turned OFF).
- Turn on trigger 10 = Setting
- Turn on trigger 14 = Menu Access
- Esc back to 1=Format
- Go across to option 2=Primary IP Ent
- (18.104.22.168.1) Select option 1=IP address (Set this to 127.0.0.1 – 127.0.0.9) press Ent
- (22.214.171.124.2) Select option 2=Port no. (set this to 50561)
- Esc back to option 2 = primary IP
- Go across to option 4 = Account no.
- (126.96.36.199) Enter the last 6 digits of the Connection ID found on M Base.
- Esc back to 02 = Alarm Reporting
- Go across to 03 = Remote access
- (188.8.131.52) Enter 1 = Access period make sure it’s set to Full. Esc back
- (184.108.40.206) Go across to 2 = Mode. Make sure it’s set to Direct Access.
Escape all the way out of engineer mode, this will then learn the DualCom on the bus line and will add Com Mod 4.
Please note time and date changes will not be seen in the alarm logs.
Troubleshooting and Testing
You can see if the unit is already learnt on the bus line by going into:
61 – diagnostics / 1=latest / 02=KEYPAD COMMS / keypad 15 = 100%
61 – Diagnostics / 1=latest / 06=COMMS MODELS / ETHERNET 100%
You can check to make sure the Dualcom had taken the Panel type:
- Press the A button on the pro unit until R is displayed.
- Press C. The display should read GALAXY UNKNOWN.
- If the display reads NONE please call our Tech support.