An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our IT Team.
The Sys Admin role is to maintain and develop processes, tools and applications that serve the demanding Fire & Security sector where availability is paramount. If you are a deep Linux based expert, who enjoys working with open-source technology stacks, this is the role for you.
The technology stack runs on Linux (Debian) and a range of open source that spans both data centres and the public Cloud (Azure).
Has to be able to work with customers and internal engineering teams.
• Degree BEng/BSc - software engineering, electrical / electronic engineering or relevant technical degree
• 8+ years sys admin experience
• Scripting languages and automation tools - Python, Bash, Ansible, Powershell
• Database technologies – Postgres (or other relevant databases)
• Must have proven track record in managing Linux Debian.
• Cloud and virtualisation technologies – Azure, Docker, VMWare
• Software repositories – Git, Gitlab
• Tools and processes – Jira/Confluence
• Monitoring tools – PRTG, Graylog, Grafana
This role will encompass a range of responsibilities including but not limited to:
• Building, maintaining and deploying critical assets
• Installation, configuration, deployment, upgrades and maintenance of applications and virtual environments
• Automation of operational tasks using tools such as Ansible, Perl and Python scripts
• Development and maintenance of dev, staging and production environments
• Development, deployment and maintenance of monitoring systems and tools
• Implementing and maintaining security processes, tools and controls
• Deploying, maintaining and managing data centre and (Azure) cloud assets
• 2nd and 3rd line support
• Working with software dev teams to design and build fault tolerant systems
• Networking design, configuration and management – firewalls, load balancers
• Creating and running tests for application stacks - load testing, failover
This role also requires rota for out of hours support.
If you have the above skills please apply now with an indication of your salary expectations for the role. With regret, due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving, only successful candidates will be contacted.
CSL operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity.