CSL is a successful IoT company based in Uxbridge that delivers alarm and fire signalling products to the professionally installed security market across Europe. The CSL tech team is a close-knit community with passion for delivering software that makes a difference - whether it be our core products or the eco-system of applications used by our customers.
CSL are embarking on transformation of its tech stack to encompass open source and newer technologies better suited to IoT applications. To deliver this programme, CSL are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to help deliver our IoT platform.
The individual will be keen follower of what’s going on in the software development world and is passionate about their trade. You are collaborative and curious but enjoy landing projects that drive real business value. You have a passion for technology and inspire others in the art of writing code and designing systems.
In CSL we use a divert stack of technologies ranging from .Net Core 3 (C#), PHP, Python, SQL Server, postgresql, InfluxDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, etc. We are looking for software engineers with a “can do” approach and the aptitude of picking the right tool for the job. We are doing cloud deployments using containers and we follow microservice architecture. As a junior developer you will be exposed to modern architecture principles and you will have a chance to contribute on every step of the way.
Duties & Responsibilities:
This role will encompass a range of responsibilities including but not limited to:
• Work closely with the product team to understand business priorities and deliverables
• Full lifecycle sw development - Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain sw
• Document your deliverables
• Create and maintain CI / CD pipeline
• Develop and maintain testing framework, process and tools
• Take business requirements and translate into software - functional and non-functional aspects
• Work closely with other teams technical support, devices/firmware
• Develop automated tests
• Develop analytics and monitoring to understand performance of code deployments
Key Skills & Qualifications Required:
• Degree BEng/BSc - software engineering, electrical / electronic engineering or relevant technical degree (2:1 or better)
• Good understanding of object-oriented programming principles
• Good understanding of database design
• Knowledge of at least one OO programming language
• Knowledge of SQL
• Responsible for full software development lifecycle
• Understanding of Git – good to have
If you have the above skills please apply now with an indication of your salary expectations for the role. With regret, due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving, only successful candidates will be contacted.
CSL operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity.