An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our IT Team.
CSL is increasingly moving services to Azure cloud and as such need to recruit a DevOps Engineer to help CSL move into this new environment. The role will report to the IT Director. Note that even though CSL operates .NET and Windows based services, it is increasingly moving to using Linux based open source technologies e.g. Debian, RabbitMQ, Postgres etc.
You should be collaborative, curious and enjoy landing projects that drive real business value. You have a passion for technology and inspiring others.
8+ years of experience of software engineering
• Degree BEng/BSc - software engineering, electrical / electronic engineering or relevant technical degree
• OS experience with Linux, preferably Debian
• Scripting languages - Python, Perl, Bash
• Database technologies - Postgres
• Continuous integration / development / deployment pipelines – Jenkins, Ansible, Rancher
• Deep understanding of GIT and Gitlab
• Desirable experience of IoT platforms or real time event processing architectures
• Public cloud - Azure with PowerShell Scripting
• Message bus technologies eg RabbitMQ
• Virtualisation technologies – VMs Docker, Docker swarm, Kubernetes
• Agile development/release environment and tools such as Jira, Confluence
This role will encompass a range of responsibilities including but not limited to:
• Deploying, maintaining and managing Azure cloud-based service
• Managing and maintaining dev, integration and prod environments
• Managing auto scaling and sizing of VMs and containers
• Operations support for prod systems
• Design, build and maintenance of cloud monitoring solutions - tools, systems and processes, dashboards etc
• Helping the software dev teams design and build fault tolerant systems that automatically failover or work around any incidents
• Ensuring cost effective management of cloud solutions
• Networking design, configuration and management
• Creating and running tests for application stacks - load testing, failover
• Designing and managing continuous integration pipelines and tools
• Managing source control tools
• Work closely with product management, devices/firmware teams
• Selenium Automated Testing
If you have the above skills please apply now with an indication of your salary expectations for the role. With regret, due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving, only successful candidates will be contacted.
CSL operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity.